Where "Shhhhh!" isn't allowed!
Family Hope Foundation and Celebration! Cinema present a unique movie experience for individuals with special needs and their families.
Enjoy a disability-friendly environment where everyone is welcome to be who they are!
With an audience of your peers, special families can enjoy something fun together that you might not typically be able to do. Brighter lights, lower sound, limited previews and a group of people who understand your child’s disability will make this family outing enjoyable for everyone!
- 10:30 a.m. showing
- Regular matinee pricing - Friends of Family Hope Foundation, click here to print a barcode for $2 off the ticket price!
all movies in 2D and Open Caption
- Seating questions can be directed to the box office
Theatres now participating are:
- Celebration! Cinema North in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema South in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema Crossroads in Portage
- Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- Celebration! Cinema Mt. Pleasant
- Celebration! Cinema Benton Harbor
- Cinema Carousel in Muskegon
2017 Movies (Subject to change, always check back before coming!)
- July 15 - Spiderman
- August 5 - The Emoji Movie
- August 19 - The Nut Job 2
- *September 9- LEAP!
- *September 30 - The Lego Ninjago Movie
- October 14 - My Litte Pony
- November 18 - Wonder
- December 2 - Coco
- **December 16 - Star Wars The Last Jedi AND Ferdinand
* Celebration Cinemas is looking to promote on their social media outlets and is looking for families who are regular attendees that would like to make a comment about something they appreciate about Sensory Shows. This could be accomplished in less than five minutes (for any individual/group) and could happen either before or after the Sensory Show of LEAP on September 9, or NINJAGO on September 30.
**December 16 will run BOTH movies simultaneously. You will need to CHOOSE which sensory movie you'd like to see.
Special Families Fun Fest
Coming June 2018
Date To Be Announced
The DeltaPlex Arena and Family Hope Foundation are excited to offer the sixth annual Special Families Fun Fest. Once again, Fun Fest will provide a low-cost, low-stress day filled with resources and fun activities perfect for the whole family of individuals with special needs, no matter their age or disability. This event focuses on details special families need: quiet rooms, accessible bathrooms, sensory room and volunteers at every exit.
2017 Event Attractions
2017 Stage Show Schedule for the Day
Want to get involved?
Contributing to Special Families Fun Fest will impact lives of special needs families and help bring a joyful, stress-free day for attendees. We would be happy to accept any monetary or prize donations and volunteers.